Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

F U N Finally Understanding Nothing! DWTS Season 21 Week 1

This is me… then…supporting the arts via psychotic blogging "and it all starts... RIGHT NOW" -Seacrest (2015) #DearBen

After being accosted with 50+ Dancing with the Stars group texts while I coached my heart out at Monday night practice, I knew it was time to Bring Back the Blog. How many shows are on their 21st season and still getting better and better? Only 2. DWTS and General Hospital #KellyMonaco&Val4everrrrrrrrr.

It’s been pretty hard to cope since magician Chris Harrison and his tequila tears have left our Monday night lineup but NOW we get to watch Tom Bergeron in all of his glory as he comes up with one liners that simultaneously mock and praise this amazing world of Mirrors and Balls. One of my life goals is to be an ABC insider who splits my time between Paradise and The Ballroom (actual locations) as an advisor and critic of the contestants. (KIRK WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO CARLY WHY WHY WHY) 



THE SHOW HAS STARTED.

- Best opening sequence! Derek is a God hurry up with his damn croissant. Fresh spray tan and feet.
- Tom Bergeron announces that one of the celebs is an Academy Award nominee. Who tf is an Academy Award nominee on this show!??!?! Farfetched. Is Matthew Mcconaughey competing?  Or James Franco, he'll try anything. Work on that for next season, ABC.
- I wish Maks was head judge.
- Why is Julianne the center judge and how mad is Carrie Ann right now. Go Caps though C A P S annnnnd Julianne makes an unintentional dick joke within the first 5 minutes! Len is somewhere across the pond being humiliated. 

*******Couples Recap!*******

Here is how I decide if I like the couples or nah

a)    Is the star really a star (in my world of reality TV and boy bands)
b)    Is their behind-the-scenes footage entertaining (romance? conflict? great friendship?) 
c)    How good is their pro (Derek/Witney vs. Mark/Lindsay no offense Lindsay) 
d)    Does the star dance well? 
e)    Do they support Donald Trump (Gary Busey you are fired get outta here!)

Couple # 1 :
Karina & Victor! who in no way should qualify as a celebrity on this show but somehow Karina has to struggle through this season with him for our entertainment
Week 1 in a Ramble: Victor looks like Karina's nephew. All I could think about. 
Score: 15/30 
My reaction: NEXT! 

Couple # 2
REIGNING CHAMP VAL CHMERKOVSKY YASSSS YOU DID IT YOU DID IT and Tamar Braxton! Zero to hero I hope she wins! But also Nick… so excited.


Week 1 in a Ramble: Val is such a celeb now! I love the Tamar and Val dynamic and her personality but I'm sitting here wondering what kind of dance experience Tamar has... this is spicious. Adrienne Bailon had the nerve to show her face in the ballroom knowing this is Rob Kardashian's territory!!! Insensitive af #TeamRob
Score: 23/30 
My reaction: #TeamValentay let’s get her to the final


In other news.
***OMG KYM JOHNSON CAN I GET A ROBERT AND KYM UPDATE**
***They recruited some hot troupe members***

Couple #3
Keo and Chaka! Chaka = extremely famous
Week 1 in a Ramble: Keo is so ridiculously handsome and I hate whoever did him dirty again this season.  Keo dances his heart out as Chaka Khan freestyles. "That was my groove in high school," – so shady Carrie Ann. 
Score: 13/30 
My reaction: THEY HIT HER WITH THE 4S!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOURS THOUGH???? Have my eyes ever seen a 4? 

Couple #4
Emma and Hayes Grier (who?) 
Week 1 in a Ramble: Oh, I think that I found myself a teenager. "Hayes Grier, Vine Star" is doing this show to get dance moves for prom. Wait, I want Hayes and Emma to fall in love? But wait he is the cutest! Our DWTS group text spoke out against Carrie Ann's creepiness but I feel exactly the same emotions towards this manboy. OMG HIS T-REX I AM IN LOVE. Emma will definitely have to fight her demons this season to stay out of jail.
Score: 21/30 
My reaction: I give him a perfect score on the adorable scale.

Couple #5
Allison and Andy Grammer (legit famous)
Week 1 in a Ramble: A fan of his singing and song catalog! & have seen him live, amazing singer and now we learn an amazing squinter. He is at an appropriate level of dance experience. Nothing fishy going on here.
Score: 21/30 
My reaction: So what

Couple #6
Louis and Paula Dean (Famous AF) 
Week 1 in a Ramble: "Probably most known for cookin" but more recently known for being racist people don't forget!  She did her old lady shuffle better than Chaka and then she basically lost all class and sanity with the poop on underwear comment. 
Score: 15/30 
Reaction: Always on the lookout for the next Kirstie Alley but I don’t think she is going to PAN out. (Cooking pun)

Couple #7
Witney and Carlos no idea why he is considered to be a star
Week 1 in a Ramble: Witney you better choreograph and serve hunny. AMAZING!  I like the married couple thing. 
Score: 23/30 
Reaction: Hoping these "Big Time Rush" fans do a better job than when the last one was on! Forgot his name, too lazy to google. 

Couple #8
Mark and Alexa SPY KIDS OR DIE
Week 1 in a Ramble: Ugh. Marks looks like he isn't trying... always giving people choreography that doesn't look good on them.
Score: 22/30 
Reaction: Good luck beating Witney with that partner of yours 

Couple #9
Tony and Kim (SO FAMOUS. PEAK REALITY STAR)  
Week 1 in a Ramble: Showing a lot of restraint by not inserting every single Kim Zolciak clip have playing in my head right now. Kim gets my support although she looked like she was dancing while sleeping. She wasn't worse than Chaka though... maybe Nene needs to come in and give her tips
Score: 12/30 
My Reaction: OUCH! Undeserved. There's a tightrope between me and you Kim. 

Couple #10
Derek and Bindi... who is the celebrity in this couple
Week 1 in a Ramble: Derek's got the magic touch. Period. She is adorable. God I love Derek so much. It really hurts to watch him dip her with such care and passion... 
Score:  24/30
My Reaction: Everyone in our draft failed to give Derek the respect he deserves and here we all are with egg on our faces.

Couple #11
Anna and Gary who is SO FAMOUS I MEAN CELEBRITY REHAB ANYONE
Week 1 in a Ramble: Hold on... Gary Busey was nominated for a Oscar.  Poor Anna. Unbeknownst to her this is going to end terribly and she should hire bodyguards around the clock. Utterly crazy, please don't let this be the Season 21 version of the old white man who makes it to top 4.
Score: 15/30 
My reaction: 6 is the double trinity so there's that.

Couple #12
Lindsay and Alex (not even close to being famous... perhaps the most random selection in the history of DWTS) 
Week 1 in a Ramble: Lindsay and Alex look like siblings. Snore. Bai. "One of the best dances of the night???" Here we go again. But I love that he took down an evil-doer without using a gun how about that
Score: 22/30
My reaction: Never cared. 

Couple #13
Sharna and Nick!! THE MOST FAMOUS I really cannot believe they bagged NICK FREAKIN CARTER 
Week 1 in a Nutshell: I DONT LIKE IT, I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Buttttt brought out the BSB choreo too early in the season. Sharna put your foot down when he has ideas, dance is not his thing yet.
Score: 24/30 
My reaction: 10s across the board. FRONT RUNNER!!! 



THIS COMPETITION IS FIEEEERRRRRRCE. Best show. 

Bonus feature: Can you match the quote to the performance?

“I need to do something to get in the news and then casted”
“The man bun game is over” Brittany Traeger
“Why did I ever doubt Derek”
“I’m grossed out”
“He’s definitely murdered someone”

-- 

End scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am obsessed with Glee. And have very strong opinions about each episode that I need to express or my heart will explode.